Things I like about MoriaJanuary 10, 2009
As my first comments on LotRO, I thought I’d start with a little list of things I like about the expansion, feel free to add your own:
- Bill the Pony
- 3-man instances
- Levelling my weapons
- Wardens (despite some reservations)
- Discovering hard modes in the 6-man instances, and then mastering them
- Finally winning some loot rolls!
- Zirakzigil sightseeing
- Book 6 – with two moments specifically. One where every member of our party swore loudly across Teamspeak when they spoke to an NPC and you could tell the order we reached the NPC in by the swearing, and then the end of the book
- Saying things like ‘I’ll just pop in and see the Watcher’ and then laughing manically at the consequences of my actions
- The toads’ poison description in the Rotting Cellar – classic!
- The sheer amount of boars in Eregion, and the realisation there isn’t one quest to kill a boar there
- Getting the title ‘The Librarian’, reflecting on real life! (as an aside, a lot of the new titles rock!)
- New armour, new look – there’s some really nice designs in there to choose from
- Helping dwarves, second best to playing a dwarf!
- Riding round Moria on goats, taking time to just look around at the design open-mouthed
There’s plenty more I’m sure, this is really off the top of my head because I wanted to learn to start to talk about LotRO, for so many months the game I never really spoke about, except to say I’ve had a lifetime sub since it opened.